Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#9: Homesick

Scene
You know what really sucks about going to school here? There's absolutely no country radio stations. I miss Maryland (yes, a little tid bit about me).

Not sure if anyone really knew this, but I've been pretty much homesick throughout 1st year. There, I admit it. First time I moved away from home, ever. No country music. No real close friends. No Casey. No home cooking. No real places to get away. The culture around where I go to school is different. Let's just say it's more cosmopolitan. Hustle and bustle. You know, "with it." Not really my scene.

Looking back, I should have gone home more often. Not attend class so much and just come home while studying from recorded and scribed lectures. I could have been happier. What people don't really tell you about med school is that you should figure what works best for you. Stick with it regardless of what people say.

To be honest, I'm still not really comfortable going to school here. It's not the school or the meducation. It's just the place. I was really rushed into going to school here. Never really had adequate time to savor the last bits of home before leaving, especially the people back home.

It's just been taking a while to get adjusted to things.

Question
When have you been homesick?

No comments:

Post a Comment